We are approaching the end of the year and so much is going on in the lives of many people. Like we discussed last week, some have achieved their goals, some have achieved some of their goals but there are some who have achieved nothing.
They are even still failing to start. Such a scenario brings a lot of restlessness to such an extent that some people will begin to suspect a lot of things are causing their failure.
When your heart is troubled, it is difficult to be at ease. Many people have gone to many and different places to seek for peace.
The world needs peace and families need peace too. Families are broken because of suspicion of witchcraft. However the season of Christmas is a season of peace and love.
John 14:27 (NIV)
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. Jesus is assuring us of eternal peace. The type of peace that takes away all our troubles and fear. It is the type of peace that is stable even in time of trouble. Take note that the world has its own type and source of peace. This is revealed when Jesus said, “I do not give to you as the world gives” The world can give you peace through many ways. Some have charms for peace. There are many and different ways people are seeking for peace in the world. Today I want to let you know that type of peace is not eternal, it doesn’t last forever. It is only Jesus who can give you everlasting peace. As the year ends I encourage you to seek Jesus for everlasting peace.
Psalm 4:8 (NIV)
- I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. This scripture is showing us a state of peace. The screw says I walk, lie down and sleep in peace because God is providing safety. Dear reader do not be afraid, do not fret from left or to the right, God is protecting and covering you. As you end your year, finish it off in peace and love. Show love to one another. God is providing you with safety, you don’t need your ancestors for protection. You don’t need a stick for your protection, all you need is Jesus. He is the auto and finisher of our faith. You don’t need a sangoma to achieve your goals of 2023 and 2024.
Mark 4:38-41 (KJV)
- And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
- And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
- And he said unto them, why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?
- And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, what manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him? The Bible on this scripture tells us that Jesus was asleep in the boat when they were sailing. He was in total peace and unafraid. A great storm came and the disciples wake Him up because they became afraid. Jesus rose up and spoke to the storm and said peace be still. The wind ceased immediately. As we approach the year end, a great storm is rising up against you. In the family, marriage, business, health, school or at work. Relax, don’t be afraid, and be still. You need faith to handle such situations. You can only get it from Jesus. Peace that is everlasting. You will be able to speak to the storm and it will listen. Don’t be afraid, with Jesus you will surely overcome.
Psalm 34:14 (MSG)
- ‘Zimbos dreading 2023 elections’
- In Full: eighteenth post-cabinet press briefing June 28, 2022
- Unicef supports basic water supply services to 1, 2 million people – report
- ‘We’ll not rush to lift COVID-19 safety measures’
- Turn your back on sin; do something good. Embrace peace--don’t let it get away! This festive season embrace peace wherever you are. Many people lose their lives during this season because many choose to be reckless. Many decides to settle grudges during this time. Get drunk to revenge. The Bible is saying turn your back from sin. Run away from sin. Instead of picking a fight, embrace peace. Instead of going to a sangoma for a revenge charm, embrace peace. Don’t be the source of confusions and fights in your families. Some people are known in families for causing confusion. I implore you, this season make peace and let love lead.
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (MSG)
- May the Master of Peace himself give you the gift of getting along with each other at all times, in all ways. May the Master be truly among you! The above verse shows us that in order to achieve peace in everything we do we need to have Jesus in our lives. It says may the Master be truly among you. Seek Jesus and get saved. You need to receive Jesus into your life as your personal savior. It’s a gift to get along with others and you can only receive the gift from Jesus. The Bible says in all ways, meaning in everything and everywhere. At work, at school, in our families. Most people gather during the festive season. Let there be peace in your gatherings. Let there be peace in your church gatherings. Let us embrace peace and love everywhere.
In Conclusion, Let us all have peace with everyone. We must be peace makers. Matthew 5:9 (KJV)
- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. The above scripture shows us that there is a blessing for embracing peace. Where you have peace with everyone you will surely be blessed. Peter 3:11 (MSG)
- Snub evil and cultivate good; run after peace for all you’re worth. In our lives we are faced with situations where we are provoked to return evil with evil. The Bible is however giving us an opportunity to cultivate good. Return good for evil. When the Bible says snub, it means there is a choice so it’s giving us room to choose good. In our communities I encourage you to choose love and peace this season and every moment of our lives. Let’s teach our children peace. We build our communities from the point of peace. Let us meet next week as we continue in Love and Peace. Love you all, SHALOM!
*Prosper Tingini is the Scribe of the Children of God Missionary Assembly — God’s messengers. Contact details: Mobile & WhatsApp — 0771 260 195. Email address: email@example.com